Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Difficult Days for a Little Boy

Yesterday was great and really hard. We are moving, so we wanted to let Isaac invite some of his best friends over for one last adventure. They were excited to see each other and had a blast all day, until the boys had to go home.
I thought I could be big tough dad, but when I saw the look on Isaac's face as his friends parents drove up to take thier boys home my heart broke. It is hard for him to understand why we are moving, but he knows that he will not be able to see his friends anymore and that is really hard for him to deal with.
I asked him the other day if he wanted to move. He said no. I asked him if he would be willing to move if Jesus told us too. He said yes. I know that the days ahead will be filled with joy and Isaac will make new friends, but these are difficult days for a little boy.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Andy...this breaks my heart for Isaac. I pray he gets new buddies very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As sad as it is for us... he will make new friends and his old ones will keep in touch! We will be sure to head up your way for a visit once you get settled in!

    ReplyDelete