Monday, June 29, 2009

Bethany Baptist Church

Yesterday I preached at Bethany Baptist Church in-view-of-a-call. It was a little odd becasue I knew that after preaching the church would vote for me to either be thier new senior pastor or vote for me to leave. I give thanks to God above for our time yesterday. The church voted and I will be the next pastor at Bethany Baptist Church in Belton South Carolina. And what is even sweeter is the church voted 100% Yes for me and my family. This is not common and has never happened in the history of Bethany.
We are hoping to find a place to live this week and probably try and move sometime next week or weekend. My first day will be July 20th and my first Sunday will be July 26th. Pray for me--I need it desperately. Pray for my family. Robin needs a job and a home. Isaac, Morgan, and Silas need stability and friends.

Grace be with you

5 comments:

  1. Praise God! I am praying for you and your family. Psalm 78:72

    In His Hand,
    Rick Hollis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congrats to you all! They've gained a godly man for pastor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. two thoughts come to mind.......
    1) beyond anything we can ask or imagine... Eph 3:21
    2) To bring us to an expected end......
    Jer. 29:11

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Andy! I am so excited about how God will use you. May He guide your move and make the transition smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy, and so sad. Happy to see God's plan revealed and sad to see ya'll move! We will continue to pray for ya'll !!! And keep up the blogging!!

    ReplyDelete